Hamburg Wheel Tracker
US Patent No. 9964,471
Intelligently designed with the end-user in mind, the new InstroTek SmarTracker™ offers several unique features that make testing safer, easier, and more accurate than existing more expensive wheel tracking systems.
The SmarTracker meets all requirements and recommendations of NCHRP 20-07 Project 361. Its retractable wheel system makes it easy to load and unload samples without lifting heavy wheel assemblies. The repetitive lifting and lowering of heavy wheels can be awkward and cause strain on the upper and lower back of the user. The SmarTracker ’s wheels simply slide back into the starting position making removal of the samples from the testing trays simple and easy.
The SmarTracker can also perform both wet and dry tests simultaneously. The innovative water circulation system and two-tank design allow for one sample to be submerged in water while the other sample stays dry. Tank and air heaters keep water and air temperatures constant during testing. The electrical components are located away from water and moisture to protect against damage.
Other innovative features include an independent motor wheel drive system for better control and individual operation of each wheel, a compact design for small labs where space is at a premium, and rugged components for long product life.
- Meets and exceeds AASHTO T-324
- Meets all requirements and recommendations of NCHRP 20-07 Project 361
- Innovative wheel roll-off mechanism does not require special tools or lifting of heavy wheel assemblies to remove samples after each test
- Each wheel is driven by an independent motor for more accurate tests results
- Small footprint to accommodate small construction labs
- Touch-screen controls based on Windows® operating system for user-friendly execution of tests, management of data, and visualization of test results
- Fully automatic; test stops when rut depth is reached
- Rugged design to withstand harsh construction laboratory environment
- Hood keeps water and air temperatures constant and moisture away from electrical components
This new SMART approach to Loaded Wheel Testing offers the flexibility, safety, and ease of use that asphalt laboratories require. The SmarTracker is now available through InstroTek, the leader in innovative product development. For more information, please call any of our 5 locations in the United States or fill out a quote request at the top of the page.
The SmarTracker is operated by an on-board Windows® based touchscreen computer with two USB drives for downloading data to a Flash Drive or directly to a printer.
- Weight: 658kg / 1450lbs
- Height: 1.27m / 50″
- Foot Print: 1.37m W x 1.22m D / 54″ W x 48″ D
- Power: Single phase 208-230V