CHLORIDE ION PENETRATION METER
STANDARDS: ASTM C1202, ASTM C1760 | AASHTO T277
Laboratory test device for the measurement of the resistance of the concrete against the penetration of chloride.
The measurement data can be used to estimate the chloride diffusion coefficient of concrete for the service life prediction and design of concrete
structures as well as the durability-based quality control of concrete.
The following are unique features of this device:
Stand alone operation.
Accurate (± 0.1 mA)
Flexible logging interval time (1 to 10 min)
Automatic temperature control system.
Four measurement channels.
User-friendly PC software.
USB connection to computer.
The device can be used for testing the durability of concrete
exposed to chloride-contaminated environment including:
– Concrete ability to resist chloride ion penetration
(ASTM C1202, AASHTO T277).
– Bulk electrical conductivity of concrete (ASTM C1760).
– Performance-based quality control of concrete.
– Estimation of chloride diffusion coefficient of concrete.
– Estimation of chloride migration coefficient of concrete
– Service life design of concrete structures.
– Estimation of the remaining life of concrete structures.
– The only instrument in the market that meets the specifications of
ASTM and AASHTO Standard for sample cell.
– Electrical safety certification mark for use in concrete laboratories.
Supplied complete with set of test cells, temperature sensors, test
cables, power cord, USB cable, communication software, user
The METER is supplied complete with VACUUM PUMP + DESSICATOR
and accessories to saturate the specimen with water (required by