STANDARD: ASTM D6760-02
The Cross-hole Sonic Logging (CSL) method is used to perform high-resolution quality control on deep foundations.
The system uses an ultrasonic wave sent from an emitter to a receiver while both are pulled through water-filled access tubes embedded in the
concrete. The measured arrival time and energy are directly related to concrete quality.
The control unit must be connected via USB port standard to a regular notebook computer or Tablet PC (not included) on which, should be
installed the software (included) for testing, analysis and real time reporting in 2 D Tomography.
Easy to use: the user-friendly software makes it possible to master the instrument in less than a day. No additional expensive training required.
Powerful tomography features are available.
– Housing: rugged, environment-proof, water-resistant housing.
– Temperature range: -25 to 60 °C (operating), -40 to 70 °C
– Transducers: dual-purpose transceivers, 50 kHz nominal, pressure-
tested housing, Ø 25 mm
– Cables: detachable heavy-duty polyurethane wound on reel.
– Cable length: 50 m (100 m and 150 m cables are available upon
– Sampling rate: 500 kHz (2 μs resolution).
– Gain: 8 level automatic gain control (AGC).
– Depth meters: two 24-bit counters, <0.1% error.
– Pile measuring range: 1 to 145 m
– Tube spacing: up to 4 m in good concrete.
– Productivity: up to 3000 m/Day by a single operator.
– Memory storage: unlimited.
– PC minimum requirements: Windows 2000/XP, 300 MHz, 128
Mb, 800×600 resolution (not included).
– Reporting: arrival time, energy and wave speed curves, waterfall
presentation, dual presentation, fuzzy-logic, tomography.
– The package includes: a computerized central unit, two ultrasonic
transducers, two 50 m cable reels, two depth meter pulleys,
cables and AC power adapter, and the software.
– Language: Multi-lingual user-interface and reporting.
– Power supply: internal rechargeable lithium ion battery (two days
of typical use), external 100-240V AC (operation/charging).
– Dimensions: 430x325x105 mm (instrument only).
– Weight: 3.8 kg (instrument only).
C373-12 TWO 100 m CABLE REELS (instead of 50 m standard ones)
C373-13 TWO 150 m CABLE REELS (instead of 50 m standard ones)