The unit has been developed to simulate the accelerated ageing of bitumen and bituminous binders after 5 to 10 years. The sample is exposed to high pressure and temperature for 20 hours, to simulate the effect of a long time oxidative ageing by verifying the penetration and softening point characteristics.
PAV features include:
- Touch screen controller with front panel user interface with easy to use step-thru operation.
- Bench top unit with integral vessel/oven design.
- USB port on front unit with software upgrades and data storage.
- Remote capabilities: with APP control PAV with smart phone, tablet or IPad.
- Timer to set time and date for automatic preheat.
Construction: CE certified vertical stainless steel pressure vessel with encased band heaters and integral pressure measurement control. Temperature is measured by Platinum RTD.
- Operating pressure: 2.1 +/- 0.1 Mpa
- Temperature range: 80°C to 115°C, res: 0.1°C
- Test temperature uniformity: +/- 0.5°C
- Time to return to set point temperature: less than 60 min.
The unit is supplied complete with:
- 10 specimen pans AASHTO T179;
- O-Ring; precision anodized aluminum sample rack;
- Hex socket wrench;
- specimen loading/unloading tool;
- single stage regulator;
- high pressure hose assembly;
- instruction manual.
NOTE: a source of compressed air with a pressure of at least 325 psi and a pressure regulator is required to operate the PAV.