This Electrical Density Moisture Gauge is a “nuclear-free” alternative for determining the moisture and density of compacted soils used in road beds and foundations. This portable, battery powered unit is capable of being used anywhere without the concerns and regulations associated with nuclear safety. Its user-friendly step-by-step menu guides the user through each step of the testing procedure to established curves for the material being tested.
Easy-to-use the Gauge can be used as a construction aid to monitor day-to-day compaction operations by providing performance and measurement results highly comparable to those achieved with traditional methods, including the nuclear gauge and/or sand-cone and oven moisture test combination.
When conducting a test, the instrument measures and displays the results for wet and dry density, gravimetric moisture content and percent compaction.
- It does not require a highly-trained technician.
- It does not require special handling for shipping or the regulatory compliance for hazardous materials.
- It is easy-to-learn and easy-to-use with its step-by-step menu.
- Lightweight and easily transportable.
- It is accurate and repeatable with results that mirror known testing methods.
- Dry density accuracy: within 3% of standard tests.
- Moisture density accuracy: within 2% of standard tests.
The Gauge includes: Console/Case, 4-tapered 6” darts, hammer, soil sensor and cables, dart template, temperature probe, battery charger, field verifier, safety glasses.
Dimensions: 533x432x203 mm
Shipping Weight: 16 kg approx.